Saturday, March 1, 2008

for kesey, may you rest in peace.

hey there.
so, i know it's been a while since i've last posted, much longer than i had ever imagined, and i just wanted to let you know it's not you; it's me. 
things have been pretty insane over the past few months. we've been blessed with a beautiful colorado winter, snow and sunshine aplenty.
the reason for my post is not very light-hearted. 
last tuesday, february 26th, my 5 year old dog kesey was put to sleep. it was very unexpected and completely devastated me. he got very sick very quickly, and it was a choice i made with his best interest in mind. he taught me so much about myself and living life to its fullest. he is deeply loved and is missed terribly. 
there may be a bit more time between this and my next post. 
i have been feeling very quiet lately. 


1 comment:

The Executioner said...

Pets are family members, to be mourned and remembered with love. Among the most difficult times of my life were the two instances when I lost my dogs, even though they happened sixteen years apart. As an eleven-year-old boy, losing the dog I'd always known was a bitter introduction to death. But dogs can teach us about life as well. They know how to life their lives to the fullest, and we would be wise to learn from their example.

You have my deepest sympathy.